Sunday, October 13, 2013

Hola familia!


So my p-days are on Friday! These past couple of days have been insane! I feel like I have been here forever...except for the fact that I know very little! Everyone says the days are long, but the time passes quickly, and I can see that they're right! But that's okay! I'm slowly picking up on everything. The MTC is great! I have three sisters in my room with me, and my companion's name is Sister Crandall. She's awesome! She is from Mesa, Arizona and doesn't know any Spanish either, so we're in the same boat! When I was dropped off on the first day, all the new missionaries met together for a big welcome meeting, and we sang "Called to Serve." Coolest thing ever!!!!! Sitting there with all the missionaries singing that we're bringing the world His truth was just amazing. My favorite part of these past couple of days is when we have these workshops. An "investigator," who is really a member and just acting, meets with a huge group of us and we talk about his concerns and questions he has about the church. And the spirit is SO strong there! Those meetings are the best.

Later tonight my companion and I are meeting with our first investigator! AND WE'RE SUPPOSED TO SPEAK IN SPANISH. Haha yeah... that will be interesting! I'm not sure how that will go... but we will do our best! We have both been studying for it, but I don't feel I am retaining any of the information so I will just have to rely on the Lord and the spirit. Some sisters mentioned that we should pray for the gift of tongues in every prayer, so I do that now.. I pray for it all the time! All day long! But I have a goal to know 35 words by next Thursday. That is my first language goal!

Last night we met with our zone and had a sort of welcome meeting. Our branch president is President Tyler, and he is the best! He has so much knowledge in the gospel and the Spanish language and he always has some new fact to share with us. I love it! At the meeting last night he asked us all to bear our testimonies, and wow we have an awesome district. Everyone has such strong testimonies, and it was so awesome hearing them all last night! We are all excited to serve the Lord!

This morning we got to go to the temple as a district!! Yay!! That was the best. And then we ate breakfast there. The food here at the MTC is......blah. haha. I am having a bit of a hard time with that. It tastes fine, and looks alright, but my body says no thank you! Once you eat it, it is so heavy it just sits at the top of your stomach making you feel awful. But they have this awesome thing called sack lunches... and you go and build your own sack lunch. That's my favorite because it doesn't make me feel awful after! So I've been trying to do that lately.

Sorry this email isn't very exciting! OH! I have seen a lot of people I know! Like Aaron Brewer!!! Haha that was the best! I saw him coming, and then he saw me and we both kind of screamed and then proceeded with ten high fives, but then we realized that wasn't very appropriatae. But we were both just so excited! I haven't seen him since, but I have seen Morgan Carter quite a few times, and I saw Cole Edwards the other day. I also wish I had brought sweats! It's freezing here, and sweats to the gym would be awesome.. But oh well! And my purple water bottle is missed! I am dehydrated all the time and so I have a constant headache, but I got a disposable bottle today at lunch that I keep refilling. But I am doing really really great! My arm is all better, and my blanket is THE BEST THING EVER! Seriously though. All the hermanas are jealous. And I have met Jeanette's son! He's way nice and in my district. I am also glad you got to word with the first graders mom! That age is the best! It was probably so fun seeing kids you worked with in the Kindergarten area! I hope you
enjoyed being there today!

Well, I love you guys!!!!!! Have an awesome week! Thanks mom, dad, and Jamie for the cute notes! And for hiding treats in my luggage! That was a great find!

Also, here is my address at the MTC:
Sister Julie Brianne Clark
NOV20 BOL-SC
2011 N 900 E Unit 256
Provo, UT 84602

Love you all so much! Thank you for your prayers, love, and support. I miss you all!
Love, Hermana Clark 



Hermana Crandall and I
The sisters in our room, Hma Iverson and Hma Davenport
Our classroom! This is where we study! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment