Saturday, November 16, 2013

HOLA!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JEREMY, GRANDMA BETTY, AND EVAN!



First, I have to tell you.... there are beagles. Beagles everywhere here! Haha everyone has a beagle, Ali would love it! Things are going really well here! It's been a crazy week! We got our latino companions on Thursday, and that has just been.... a dear joy.... haha She is from Venezuela.. not sure how thats spelled.. and she talks really fast and slurs her words together. It's fun fun fun! The first night we were together, all night long. ALL NIGHT LONG, she climbed up and down the ladder. Haha I have no idea what she was doing but she was opening all the drawers, and I thought oh maybe she is unpacking, but in the morning she was still packed. And she wanted me to come with her to the bathroom, so being kind I did. I think it was too dark for her or something. Anyway she never sleeps. And she likes to touch me a lot, and everyone knows how I love to be touched. Like repeated tapping while I'm looking at her. Haha I'm not sure what else she would like me to do... At first she was really mean to me. Funny story, when we would first try to comunicate whenever she didn't understand me or I didn't understand her she would roll her eyes!!! Haha like what? And then make a big loud sigh. Everyone kept telling me how sorry they were because she was just mean to everyone. Haha I told her ''sorry, I'm learning a new language!'' Then I started praying for her. And praying that I would see her through Heavenly Fathers eyes because He somehow found a way to love her. And then it got better! She doesn't do that anymore. I think she realized that even though I don't speak the language well, I know how to teach because I've been able to be here forever and practice. I think she appreciates me now, but I can tell we're both excited for the transfer... But we taught the coolest lesson last week! We were teaching our investigator, and we had this whole lesson planned but we didn't get to any of it because he was just asking questions about the book of mormon. And we were just testifying and sharing things out of there and the spirit was so strong! I loved it!

We got to go to the temple twice this week! Pretty much the best thing. And they have everything translated into spanish now so yeah new everything!!! It was awesome to the max! When the session started a lot of the North Americans started to cry because they were so happy it was new! I'm not sure if that makes sense... Dad should know since he works at the temple.. I like my new teachers! They are nice, and one reminds me of Jeremy because he is so funny! One day I was just having an awful day because of the language, and my comp, and he just sat down next to me and said, ''Hermana Clark have patience. The language will come. Heavenly Father has faith in you, that is why He sent you here. I can tell how much you are trying to learn this language, and I can tell how bad you feel when you can't say something. I promise you, you'll get it." And he said this all in english, and he doens't really speak english, and he went on for a bit, and it was exactly what I needed to hear. I know it was a blessing from Heavenly Father. It was so cool! The gospel is just so cool! The language is coming fine... I speak alright, but not very well.. My grammar is pretty bad.. haha But that's okay. I know it'll eventually come... the most frustrating thing is not being able to share what I have to say! Like in class, they talk about whatever, and I want to share but I just can't say everything I want to. I think Heavenly Father is teaching me to love to share things and teach in English so when I come home I'll want to do that since I didn't usually at home.

Another thing that made my week awesome was I was honestly just trying to enjoy every little thing I was doing. Like sitting in class, and at mealtime, and during the lessons, and just conciously thinking about enjoying everything. It's made me so happy! I love it! We went tracting the other day and we gave a woman a Book of Mormon and that was really neat! And then this other guy was just yelling at us and my comp was talking back rather intensly, and he was saying something about how there are too many religions and stuff... He was talking really fast I couldn't understand everything, and my comp did not look happy as she responded back and I could just tell that it wasn't good what was happening.. but I was just standing there smiling at him because I didn't know what he was talking about, and then I told him it was nice meeting him, and I pulled my comp away. Haha we were at a park and I didn't want to cause a scene..... Anyway it has been quite the adventure here! I love the CCM, but I am so ready to get out of here! I think that is another reason I was blessed with this comp... so I would be excited to leave! They have given us something different every two weeks. First two weeks, we were in provo, next two in colombia, and then the last two with latino comps! It's made this month go so fast! I was hoping to be fluent by now! Haha

Oh last funny story!!! okay we were teaching our investigator, and he was out of time so he asked if we could come back tomorrow, and my comp said no! haha and I said, why not? and she said, because we have to teach him now! We have to do this right now, we can't come back. And I said.. but he's out of time.. and she said we need to do this now. And I just turned to our investigator and I laughed and said, no we would be happy to come tomorrow! And he said, oh good! and my comp looked so upset and then after our investigator came and found me and he was laughing and saying... what was that all about?? Haha he said, I needed to go and teach my class, but I was afraid she wouldn't let me! Haha I love the teachers here! They are seriously so amazing.

I'm out of time but I love you all so much!!!!!! Thank you for your prayers, love, and support!!!!! Talk to you next week when I'm in Bolivia!!!!!!

Love,
Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment