Monday, August 11, 2014

¡Hola mi familia tan bonita! ¡Feliz día de BOLIVIA!



It was Bolivia day here on Wednesday!

Everything here in Tarija is great! I love my area more and more every week. We have been greatly blessed this week, and have seen so many miracles. First off, I love the ward I'm in here, and I love the Bishop. He has such a vision of the potential of this ward. Yesterday at church we had a really beautiful experience happen too! So on Saturday we talked to our investigators, confirmed that they were coming to church, and then Sunday morning we went to collect a few. We ended up not finding anyone! So we went to church and we were sitting in sacrament meeting, just starting and I was just sitting there praying and thinking how we had done all we could this week to get these people to come to church, and now I was leaving it up to the Lord. I think of Sister Willard often because of the faith she has and had on her mission. She told us about how she would do all she could all week long to get people to come to church, and then she would go to church with so much faith and they would find that a family of 5 showed up to church just curious! I was praying that Heavenly Father would help me to have more faith as well. As we were sitting there, I looked over at the door as one of our investigators, Carlos, was walking in! I was so surprised because he was the last I thought would show up. But he's just been full of surprises this week because a few lessons ago he told us that he received his answer and needed to be baptized in December! But then this last lesson we were teaching, and I asked him if he really thinks that Heavenly Father wants him to wait and live longer in his sins. He sat there and thought for a minute and didn't say anything, and then my comp invited him to baptism again and he said yes and we invited him for the 30th of August and he accepted! He's the hardest investigator, but when he's baptized he'll be the best member. He has some crazy questions, so we're growing a lot from teaching him as well!

So yesterday we ate lunch at the house of one of my favorite families in the ward, the familia Montaño! As we were waiting to eat, the Hermano told me that his father-in-law's coffin is inside the house and sleeps above the wardrobe in his sons room! Haha I was a little shocked and didn't know whether to believe him or not so he went and pulled the box out.... haha and he opened the lid and there he was! It was just his head, the rest of his body had been cremated. However that's spelled. They've had him in the house for the past 10 years! But he died 23 years ago. Aaaanyway, the food was really good and the family is just the best. I wish you could meet them! You would love them!

Also tonight we have a Family Home Evening with that family and our investigator Carlos is going to go! I'm super stoked about it. Everything here is going great! I love you all so much! Thanks for your love and support! Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Hermana Clark
This is a traditional outfit from Potosi! Tt was Bolivia Day here and they did a big stake activity.
Our ward did a dance and food from Potosi!



No comments:

Post a Comment