Monday, January 5, 2015

El primer Lunes de 2015!



Well, I don't know about you, but I cannot believe it's 2015! As I was thinking about the year and my goals, I realized that this year I wouldn't be a full time missionary for the entire year. I remember starting 2014 thinking about how I had the entire year to dedicate to missionary service, but this year will be a little different. This year I only have a few months to be here in the mission field. I love my Bolivia. And I love my mission. I am eternally grateful for the time that I have here, and every new day my Heavenly Father gives me to work in the mission field. But I know I will always be a missionary, all throughout my life. One can really see the effect the mission had on someone when they see the life they live after the mission, and I know that this time here serving the Lord has changed me forever and ever.

I'm so happy you all started the Book of Mormon over again! Dad sent me the Reading Schedule so I'll be reading with you guys! :) Well to answer some of your questions, some of the traditions here for new years is everyone eats pig. I don't think I've ever seen so many pigs in my life.. The meat shops were always carrying new pigs in. Some of them were huge! But it made me never want to eat pig ever again. Haha good thing we can't eat it in the mission! Yesterday a cool miracle happened. One of our investigators, Yorka's daughter, called us in the morning and asked what time church was because she wanted to come with us!! We always always invite her but her husband doesn't let her come. Her mom, Yorka, has been telling her she needs to go, so she really made an effort and came with us. It was really awesome. And we got to talk to Yorka who will be coming back from Santa Cruz this week, and she said she's been going to church there in Santa Cruz. :) And yesterday, we were walking in our area, and we saw a bunch of members from Bermejo! They were all traveling to the temple in Cochabamba! It was such a tender mercy to see them because I didn't get to say bye to any of them when I left Bermejo. It filled me with so much joy to see these members traveling so many hours to go to the temple. I was wishing I could go with them. :)

You start school the day we have transfers! Changes changes! I can smell it in the air. Although, I would be very happy ending my mission here in this ward. I love this ward. And that's crazy that it snowed in Murrieta! I still can't believe it! Loved all the pics!! And you're right mom, we do need a new motto for 2015! Because like you said, "I need to come up with a cool motto for 2015. I remember it was 'don't be late in 2008' and obviously that didn't really work because it was 'be on time in 2009!'" Haha:) Love it! I'll think this week about some mottos we can have for 2015! But New Years was really fun because where we live, above us is just a big balcony. So we got to see the fireworks all over Tarija! It was the most beautiful firework show ever! And we drank coconut juice! Haha yes I still have a coconut thing going on.

This week we are starting to work in the family history center at the church! I am so excited! We get to work this Saturday and help people do their family history. I am so grateful we get to do family history because I've really been missing it!! I love you all so much. Keep being awesome!

Love you to Bolivia and back times googooplex!
Hermana Clark:)



No comments:

Post a Comment