Monday, February 23, 2015

Muddy cars and braided hair... Welcome to Carnaval!



Alright, no pasa nada en nuestro calle por Carnaval! We waited and waited for the paint wars and waterballoon fights and mud fights, aaand nothing! There was nothing happening on the street we live on! Haha. I was convinced it was all a lie. But we did get to go to church that Sunday so that was nice. While we were out we saw that all the cars were just covered in mud. Like a new paintjob of just mud. The members said it's because they throw waterballoons full of paint at the cars and with the mud it's easier to wash off. But we didn't see any of that action from home. All the girls here also put their hair in braids for Carnaval so that's fun! Haha I braided the sisters hair in the house to celebrate. The ward had a ward party on Monday and brought us steak so we were eating pretty good. And our pensionista brought us food every other day. We spent the days studying and I loved it, but by the third day we were all ready to escape. You can just imagine us on Wednesday when we could finally leave the house. We couldn't talk to enough people! But we're out now, and we're happy about it!

So I cannot believe that this transfer is already coming to an end. I have never ever ever had such a fast transfer. It makes me sad how fast it is going! But when I started this transfer, I remember that on one of our first days together Hna. Atiz and I went to visit a member and he expressed to us his deep concern for his family. There are six people in his family and he was the only active member. The next week we fasted for them and started to get to work. We have been visiting all of the children, and then the other night the mom finally let us meet with her! We are now teaching all the children, and one of the sisters, her husband isn't a member and we are meeting with them, and we invited him to baptism last night. In all of my mission I have never felt the spirit so strong while teaching the Restoration. It was amazing how strong the spirit was, and to just feel the Spirit telling me word for word what I needed to say. I knew that the hno felt it too. I could see it on his face. When we left, my comp expressed the same feelings, that the spirit was so strong in that lesson, it was amazing and wonderful. As this transfer is coming to an end, I love seeing how much this family has grown. We are still working with them, and on Sunday we saw the dad sitting there alone in church, he had a bunch of seats saved. It looked like he was going to sit alone, until they all started filing in. He was surounded by his daughters and it was one of the sweetest tender mercies I've seen on my mission. What an amazing privelege it is to work shoulder to shoulder with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We are working in a grand work, and I love every moment I have to be here. Choosing to come on a mission has shaped me, and built me, it has changed me. I love this gospel. I love the temple. I love the work that we do in the temple. I know that this church is the only true church on the earth, and every day I thank my Heavenly Father that I am a member of this wonderful gospel and for the opportunity that I have to share it with his children who are searching for this happiness as well. We have been so blessed this week, I have seen so many miracles. We are meeting with so many families, and it's just amazing to see how prepared they all are. Thank you so much for your prayers, love, and support! I love you all. Have a wonderful week, full of miracles!

Love from Bolivia!
Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment