Monday, March 16, 2015

Buenos Dias! And Happy Birthday Audrey!!!!


Well, I hear that it was pi day yesterday, and that it's St. Patrick's Day tomorrow! I didn't know, but happy pi day and St. Patrick's Day! :) Sounds like you had a really busy week, and that's fun you got to see Ivy, Beck, and Holland! They sound so grown up! My talk yesterday went well. It was pretty funny because when I got up there my paper flew away because of the fans so I just had to wing it, but it turned out pretty well. Next week we will be having ward conference, and then the next week there isn't church because of the elections here. And then the next week is General Conference! I always get excited for General Conference. This week we had a Zone Conference with President and Hermana Willard. That was really awesome, I loved it. We learned about the revelation through prayer. I also gave my "last testimony" which was sad. Every time we have a conference, and it's the last one of the transfer, all the missionaries who are going home soon share their testimony, so I shared my testimony and another Elder who is going home also shared his. Well, seeing that my entire mission I never thought I would have to do it. I can't believe how fast time goes. But it was nice to share my testimony with the other missionaries. Afterwards President Willard spoke again and he said, "I've never been able to say this in a conference where missionaries were going home, but this time I can say, if all of the elders could learn to be like Elder... and all the hermanas could learn to be like Hermana Clark, I would be the happiest and most blessed mission president in the entire world." And he went on to talk about how in our entire missions we have progressed, and in every interview he has seen a huge difference from the last interview. And that where we are now is just incredible and how proud of us he is. And then he went on to read Alma 48:17.. It was really neat to hear my mission president talk like that because I had never heard him say something like that after the "last testimonies." I am so grateful for President and Hermana Willard. They are always teaching me so much, and the just love us all so much. It's incredible.

This week Hna Emma is getting baptized, and I've never seen her more excited! Her son Johnathan is going to baptize her. :) We also visited Hna Mariela and her husband Raul yesterday. They're doing really well, and they're progressing so much! I love being a missionary, and I love helping families become eternal families. What a blessing and a privilege it is to be here in Bolivia serving the Lord. :)

Also, here's your funny story for the day, we were crossing the street the other day right as a bus was passing by. As I was getting closer to the bus I saw that rice was falling out. "How weird" I thought. Then I looked up to see a little boy sticking his head out the window just letting all his rice out. Haha I knew the feeling, having had experienced that once on a trip to Utah... Haha and I thought, the bus driver must feel like Jeremy! Poor guy! Anyways, I almost got hit by the upchuck, but luckily it missed me by a few inches. :) Have a wonderful week! Love you all!!

Love you to Bolivia and the moon and back!
Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment