Monday, March 30, 2015

Tender Mercies and Miracles



It's been a good week here serving in Bolivia. We had the wonderful opportunity to teach the mom of Mariela. She's less active as well. The entire family is except the dad and one of the daughters. I know I've shared this with you, but I remember that one of my first lessons here in this ward was with Hno. Guanacoma, and how he told us he just wanted his family to come to church with him. We started working with them, and little by little these past two transfers I have seen miracles happen with this family! Watching Hno. Guanacoma enter the church building alone, and save a whole row of seats for his 5 daughters, and then sit and wait until I thought no one was going to come, and then to see them all file in and sit with him was one of the biggest tender mercies I've seen in my mission. And to watch Hna. Emma do everything in her power to get baptized, and to watch her husband's heart soften was a miracle. And that we are planning a Family Home Evening with the whole family! My entire mission has been filled with tender mercies and miracles, and I think the biggest is the change I have seen in myself. This gospel really does change people, and the Book of Mormon really does bring us closer to Christ. My testimony of this wonderful book has grown bigger than I ever thought was possible. The mission is a miracle, and tender mercy. I love the mission because of all I have learned, and all I have been able to do here serving the Lord with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. He has blessed me so much! :)

Yesterday we couldn't leave the house until 6 in the afternoon because of the elections. On election day there can't be meetings of big groups because they think that there will be drinking and people changing the votes, so actually 2 days before there are no kinds of meetings. So I didn't get to see the Woman's Conference, but I'm sure it was wonderful!! Sounds like it was really good! And we didn't have church yesterday either, and we stayed in the house studying until 6 and then we had normal appointments. It was a really good Sunday though. It was wonderful to feel the spirit so strong in my studies. Today my plans for the day are big big big! I'm going to read my Book of Mormon. Haha. I'm pretty excited about it, just to read all day. :) Hope all is going well with you!! Have fun in Texas!! And enjoy the plane ride mom!! :) Love you and have a great week!

Love a million cuñape!!
Hermana Clark







No comments:

Post a Comment