Monday, December 16, 2013

Happy Birthday to Jenae!

Hola from Bermejo!

I am doing great! Hope everything is great back home! I cannot believe how fast these weeks go... Is time fast for you guys too?? Okay lots has happened this week! I tried to make up for my incredibly boring email last week! Haha. And yesterday was Jenae's birthday!! I thought of her all day! I'm glad the surprise party worked out!! That sounds so fun! Do you have any pictures? So my foot is much better! At first it swelled the most it ever has, but every night I sleep with it propped so it's a lot better today. Barely even swollen. Last week I counted 42 bites on my body! 2 on my arms and 40 on my legs! Yikes! I haven't been bitten in a little while though so they're all healing nicely.

That's an awesome story that Brother Bradford told! I love hearing stories like that! It reminds me of a talk Elder Bednar gave while he was serving his mission. You should look it up! It's about 20 german dollars. I love that story. I'm glad your class party went well!! Sounds really fun! I hung the picture up that Jamie drew of the minions and my comp thought it was a picture of Spongebob because she's never seen Despicable Me! In Spanish, Spongebob is pronounced Bob Esponge. haha It's funny hearing them sing the theme song.

My branch isn't too big, but it's a good size. My Branch President, President Flores, is really awesome. He cares so much about everyone, and he is just really nice. He's really young and has a young family. He reminds me of the actor Christian Bale, Batman and Newsies. Haha I'm not sure why but he kinda looks like him. Funny story! Haha okay at church yesterday I was sitting next to our investigator and my eyes were closed for the prayer and suddenly I'm getting wet. And I peak over and the baby is no longer nursing! Nope! He is squirting me. Squirting me with his mothers milk. Haha I was so... oh man no words... But I just laughed and closed my eyes again because there was nothing I could do! Anyway, so the prayer ends and then the baby turns towards me and starts throwing up major. And I quickly move and avoid it all. Whew. And then he kept nursing.

So it's rain season here? Goood! Because I've heard this is their hottest time of year! But it's been raining off and on all week and I love it! We got to go to Tarija for a conference! That was really fun! The conference was with the missionaries in Tarija, and my zone. Everyone prepared a Christmas song and we all performed for each other. We sang Oh Holy Night in Spanish because it's not a Spanish song but someone found a translation! We also watched these awesome  Mormon messages you should look up! It's Elder Tod Christoferson about Moses and mana and patience. Haha it's awesome. There are three videos. The road to Tarija is insane! SO windy! and our driver was going so fast! I've never seen anyone take turns that fast and there were rocks all in the road that he was dodging, and everyone laughed when I put my seatbelt on... and I was like well I don't want to fly around. Throughout the trip everyone else put their seatbelts on too. At the conference President and Hermana Willard spoke. They are so amazing I can't even handle it! They asked me to lead the music so that was a fun time. Then we all went to lunch at this really nice restaurant. After we had to leave early to make it back for the wedding of my investigator, and we made it just in time! The next day they were baptized along with their niece! I am so excited for them! They are really great people, I just love them!

So here they don't really have buses, and our area isn't really big enough for that. We do take taxis sometimes though when we're running late. The taxi drivers always have this plant in their cheek so they have a huge bump on their cheek. It's a drug, and it is so they don't have to eat, and they don't get tired..

They eat fries with everything here! Everything! And anything they can put mayonaise on they do, and I've tried it and it's pretty good. Super healthy! haha. At lunch time everyone closes their shops and they all nap. I think because it's the hottest part of the day. And there are dirt roads here. The main roads are paved, but most are dirt. AND! there are lots of ladies here who dress in the traditional Bolivian outfits and it makes me so happy. They wear these poofy skirts and their hair in two braids and bowler hats! It's the best! Also I think my bites are better because we got a screen put on the window. I was being bit at night, so that works out very well now! We also hand wash all our clothes. I have the hands to show for it! And everyone talks loud in church. NO ONE knows how to whisper. So picture while someone is talking at the pulpit or in class, someone in the back is talking to their kid, and who knows what. Haha that's kind of strange.

But I am doing really great! The language is coming along, and I understand almost everything that is said! I just can't talk very well.. but I talked with other missionaries at the conference that I was in the CCM with and they are having the same thing happen right now so that's good!

I love you guys so very much! And I pray for you all the time!! Thank you for your prayers and support! It really helps!

Love from Bermejo, Bolivia
Hermana Clark










No comments:

Post a Comment