Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy Almost New Year!

Skyping you guys was definitely one of the highlights of the week! The camera worked so perfectly, I've never seen skype work so well! Wait you got the pictures? Which ones? It kept telling me it failed! So I'm glad you got them! Yes that was the housing building project! The food one was at our pensionistas house, and the food was some sort of meat ball... haha I didn't like it much...

Here I think the Christmas tradition is everyone makes this certain spicy meat. It's really good! We had it the next day because we were supposed to eat with a member for Christmas. We went to a member's house but they hadn't prepared anything so we opened a can of tuna and had some potatoes! Our next baptism is for January 25! We are all working as a zone again for this day. After we talked on Christmas I waited for my comp to finish and then it was time to go home pretty much so we returned the laptop at the church and visited with some members for a bit and then went home because they wanted us in right at 9 because it was a holiday. I did cut more hair this week actually! It wasn't my best work because it was dark in the house... but it looked fine when I was done.. The boy was pretty sad though because he had long hair. Haha he said he wouldn't come to church anymore because of his haircut. But he came anyway. Haha It's just shorter than he's used to.

Sounds like Christmas was great! I wanted to go caroling too!! But my comp and I are always singing in the streets while we walk anyway! We sing church hymns for fun. haha. I can't believe it's almost 2014!!! I am excited to spend this entire year on a mission! What an awesome way to spend my year! I am so excited to be here. Feeling so blessed and humbled to be a servant of the Lord. This is exactly where I want to be, doing His will and His work. I have focused so much on the investigators this week, and we have met some really amazing people this week. I really want these people to accept the gospel and let it change their lives. Leaving my family was hard, but I am so happy to be helping other families be together for eternity. Families truly are eternal. And I am so grateful for that. So incredibly grateful for the temple. The branch is planning a temple trip for the 1st and I want to go so bad!!! I have been thinking about my time working in the temple a lot and I just love it. I loved what I learned there. I love the temple and I can't wait to work there again when I get home.

The members here are so wonderful! I keep finding people that I think, oh they would be great friends with you mom! Or the YW pres is so awesome. She served a mission in La Paz, and she is Jenae's age and she is seriously so sweet. Her personality reminds me of Jenae because she just is really loving with the youth, and I really want her and Jenae to be friends! Haha I keep finding people like that here that I want to be friends with you guys. I just had a thought.. I bet we were all friends in the pre-existence because I knew them and promised to come find them here in Bolivia and teach them. And I knew you guys in the pre-existence so it makes sense! And we are teaching a 10 year old I want to be friends with Jamie! Anyway I'm out of time!  I love you all so much!!!

Love,
Hermana Clark

housing building project






Not my favorite meal...some sort of meatball...

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment