Monday, February 3, 2014

Happy Birthday Dad! I hope you have a good birthday this week!

¡Feliz Lunes!

Another wonderful week here in Bolivia! The past Monday I spent in Tarija. Wow Tarija is beautiful! And the weather is perfect! Everyone was complaining about the heat, but honestly it was a relief to be in Tarija! I was with Hermana Contreras. Her comp had to go to Santa Cruz for the conference as well so it worked out perfectly! We taught some really amazing people. I am excited for the sisters in that area, and I hope all goes well for them in their area. We were walking down the street to meet with one of their investigators, and these two huge german shepherds were laying down one on one side of the street, and the other on the other side. They looked harmless just laying there, so we contintued walking... And wham! They both jumped up, snarling, and growling, and barking and RUNNING TOWARDS US! Haha never in my life... wow. Two huge german shepherds! By instinct my arms flew up like I was about to box with them or something. Haha and the other Hermana stopped walking and started whimpering and saying no, no, por favor, por favor no no no. And then the dogs just walked away. It was so weird. Anyways, we were quite the sight. Me with my fists as if I could take out these huge dogs, and the other Hermana whimpering. Quite the laughs after the shock wore off! But I really loved Tarija! I hope I get to serve there soon too! I think I left my heart in Tarija... but I found it again in Bermejo! It´s the people here that I just love.

The Familia Ventura is doing really great! It´s a family of gold! We were at their house teaching them, and at the end of the lesson we started talking about what we would do with them for FHE, and how we could watch The Restoration, and go to the Familia Oropeza´s house because they offered. And then Hna Francisca was so excited and said Are we going now? I love how excited she is to learn about the gospel! That was last week sometime. We had the FHE last night with the Familia Vargus, and Hna Daisy and her kids. It was so great! And the spirit was so strong. After the video we taught about the restoration and I
don´t think I´ve ever felt the spirit so strong while teaching. I am so grateful for everything Joseph Smith did for this church. I can´t wait to shake his hand someday and just tell him how truly grateful I am for everything he went through to bring about The Book of Mormon and this church!

The Holy Ghost taught me more Spanish this week! I love it! We were in a lesson, and a few times in the prayers here I have heard the word give, but used differently, and I wasn´t understanding why it was being used that way. Then in the prayer the words just popped into my head, It´s the Tu form. It was like... duh! Why didn´t I realize that before? I don´t study the Tu form very much because it´s more informal and the missionaries are supposed to use the Usted form, the more formal form of you. Anyway, I thought that was really amazing when the spirit taught me that. I´m grateful for that, and for these experiences.

The lights went out the other day! All of Bermejo was pitch black! It was kinda crazy. Only the lights from cars. My comp and I were wandering around the house trying to do things, and then she opened the fridge and light filled the room! haha the lights were back on and we didn´t even know it.

I have to get off now, but I love you guys so very very much! Have a wonderful week!!

Love,
Hermana Clark









No comments:

Post a Comment