Monday, December 15, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....Happy birthday Jenae!!!!!!


It has been an absolutely beautiful, and life changing week. Miracles right and left, I'm trying to remember them all. Heavenly Father is a God of Miracles. I love the scripture in Mormon 9:19 that says, "And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles." And that's the truth. He is a God of miracles and tender mercies. This week we had the opportunity to have interviews with President Willard. What a wonderful experience that was! We started with a prayer as always, and I offered it. I'm so awkward with praying in english now so I said it in spanish. Haha. And he started out talking about my letter I wrote him last Monday. He said, "I have been thinking a lot all week about one line you said to me in your letter." And I thought... oh no what did I say?? Haha and he said "when you told me you were just 'grateful to be Hermana Clark.' I love that! I am grateful you are Hermana Clark as well. I just want to be Hermana Clark!" haha :) And the whole interview was just really wonderful. Exactly what I needed. Last week in his weekly email, President talked about the story in Mark 8 about the blind man. In the story, Christ leads the blind man out of the city, and then spits in his eyes. Christ spits in the blind man's eyes. Why? And then the blind man isn't fully healed. It says that he sees men as if they were trees. And then after all of that he is healed. Can you imagine how humiliating it would be to have someone spit in your eyes? The blind man had to be humbled in order to receive the miracle. And even after he was humbled, he still didn't quite believe, and when he finally did believe, he was fully healed and could see perfectly. And the fact that Christ lead the blind man out of the city to perform the miracle. This blind man who had already been ridiculed and tormented all of his life. Christ spitting in his eyes was not to show a crowd that it was okay for them to do it too. He did it privately. And that's what Heavenly Father does. He corrects us because He loves us. If He didn't do it, it would be because He doesn't love us. But God does love us, therefore He corrects us. He spits in our eyes to make us humble. We receive trials to be humbled and then while we are humble, we can finally see clearly. And we recognize the miracles that God was giving us all along.

This week Nelson got baptized! A couple of weeks ago he broke our heart and told us he didn't want any of it. So we didn't visit him for about a week. Then on Thursday, we called to teach him one more time. After the lesson about the Sacrament, I asked if he had any questions. And then he asked us if he could be baptized this Saturday! Shocked, we said of course! He told us that in this time when he was not meeting with us he felt so sad. He started reading his Book of Mormon, and praying, and that was when he realized he needed to meet with us again. And then we called him! Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways. He has a plan for us! He loves us! Also, Nelson wore church shoes to church yesterday! Not just his combat boots, and long hair! But now he's wearing church shoes! Little by little Heavenly Father changes our lives. :)

Thank you for your emails, I love you all! Have a wonderfully, amazing, life changing week!

Love a million billion Bolivian Flags,
Hermana Clark:)

No comments:

Post a Comment